Tasmania's Leading Multi-trade Contracting Company
How to run your air conditioner (heat pump) most efficiently
09 Apr 2021 Residential Heat Pumps Air Conditioning
An air conditioning system or a heat pump is the perfect way to keep your home cool during the summer and warm during the winter. However, it is not enough to simply have an A/C system in place. You need to make sure that you use it in an efficient manner so that you can keep your bills affordable and ensure that your system lasts for many years to come. With that being said, let’s take a look at some of the different ways you can ensure you run your air conditioning system efficiently.
- Carry out maintenance checks - Not only is cleaning vital when it comes to maintaining your A/C system, but you also need to carry out maintenance checks too. Checking your system air filters each per month, for example, is imperative. Look out for any dust and dirt. Clean the filters and ensure they are in good condition..
- Don’t cool or heat space you are not using - There is no point in utilising your air conditioner when there is no one there to enjoy it. So, make sure you switch off the unit when no one is there or when it is being used in other areas of your home.
- Use timers - Another tip when it comes to running your air conditioning system efficiently is to use the timer. You can make sure that your air conditioning system turns on at those times you’re going to need it, for example, when you get home from work.
- Make the most of dehumidifying mode - During the summer, it can be humidity that is the real problem. As opposed to just utilising the cooling mode, try to use the dehumidifying mode to increase your comfort and lower humidity.
- Have your air conditioner serviced by a professional - In most cases your air conditioner will benefit from a professional service on an annual basis. This will ensure the system is operating as efficiently as possible and also ensure you get the most life out of your air conditioner.
So there you have it: some of the steps to follow to make sure that your air conditioning system is run efficiently. If you follow the advice and suggestions that we have discussed above, you can ensure the efficient operation of your system so that it keeps your home comfortable and your utility bills affordable.