Tasmania's Leading Multi-trade Contracting Company
DC's Mechanical Services team has a busy weekend
21 May 2019
The weekend of May 18-19 was a big weekend for Degree C’s southern Mechanical Service team working on the 250-bed Crown Plaza hotel in Hobart.
Making the most of the closures of Liverpool and Murray streets around the construction site, the team of around 30 worked around the clock to install:
- 8 Hitachi Chillers
- 4 Armcor air handling units
- 4 steel buffer tanks
- 5 large axial fans
- 2 prefabricated pump skids comprising of chilled and heating water pumps
- 1 mechanical services switchboard
- 80 metres of 200mm stainless pipe work
- 4 construction bins of rooftop mounted ducting
- 1 existing chiller was relocated, rewired and re-piped
Everything that was installed had to be fastened and bolted down onto the roof of the building.
This was a huge effort from the team which started at 6pm on Friday with the aim of having the work complete by 6PM on Sunday.
While a few things were out of Degree C’s control, including the crane being delayed for six hours due to high wind on the Friday night, the team completed the job well ahead of time. They finished up on site at 7pm on Saturday, providing a huge cost saving for the client.